June 8, 2011

.step 2 to delicious.


Alright folks. Sorry about that cliffhanger last night. After cooking dinner and making the granola I just didn't feel like cooking anything else for the night. This was definitely worth waiting for though!

I threw together a quick and easy strawberry peach crisp and I must say, it was completely awesome. The man agrees. In fact, he ate 2 ramekins.

This is something that doesn't really have a "real" recipe so I'll just give you the low down on what I did. I used roughly 2 peaches, chopped, and about half a pint of strawberries, also chopped. This was enough for 4 small ramekins. I mixed the berries together with about half a tablespoon of flour and a whole tablespoon of sugar. I put an equal amount of the berry mixture into the ramekins, covered the berries with the granola and then put roughly 1/4 tablespoon of chilled, cut butter onto the top of the granola. I popped them in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes and, voila! Berry crisp. You can pretty much use any fruit you want, as well as any variety of granola that you prefer. This also pairs nicely with ice cream or sorbet.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment