June 30, 2011

.the abcs of what i eat.

Howdy folks. Super awesome good news, the man is home! Woot. With that in mind, there will probably be much more on my cooking list next week! For now I wanted to share something with y'all that has been making the rounds of the blogosphere. I've seen these "food ABCs" a couple different ways and just kind of picked one at random.

So here we go!

A is for Avocado: How do you like yours prepared?

Anyway I can get it! I love avocado. From a simple guacamole to slices in a sushi roll I really will eat avocado in anything.

B is for Bread: Regardless of nutrition, what is your favorite type?

Again, pretty much any way I can get it. I have a feeling this will be a reoccurring answer for me. I am a carbaholic. I love bread, tortillas, bread sticks, toast, all of it. Probably one of the most delicious loaves of bread I ever ate though was the white chocolate cherry loaf at Great Harvest Bread Co. in Anchorage. That thing was like heaven in my mouth!

C is for Chocolate: What is your favorite kind currently?

In terms of chocolate, the darker the better! I keep a bag of mini dark chocolate chips in the freezer for those days when I just want to grab a couple. These are, of course, also great for baking!  

D is for Doughnuts: You might not currently eat them, but what kind do you fancy?

Krispy Kreme regular glazed, all the way. I have, sadly, been very disappointed recently with many of the doughnuts in the Northern Georgia area so, I'm just going to hold out until I can get the perfect little pillow of air and fried sugar that is Krispy Kreme. Mmmm.

E is for Eggs: How would you like yours prepared?

I love, love, love scrambled eggs with all sorts of veggies added in. Put it all in a tortilla and it's even better.

F is for Falafel: Yay or nay?

Never had it so.... nay?

G is for Groceries: Where do you purchase yours?

Kroger's, Ingles, or (le gasp) Walmart.

H is for Hot beverages: What is your favorite hot drink?

Is there really any competition for hot chocolate? I don't think so. Give me some Abuelita's Hot Chocolate in the winter and life will be good.

I is for Ice Cream: Pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.

I just recently discovered Ben and Jerry's Red Velvet Cake ice cream and it is to die for. No extra toppings necessary!

J is for Jams or Jellies: Do you eat them? If so, what kind and flavor? 

I sure do! Strawberry jam, sugar free, in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

K is for Kashi: Name your favorite Kashi product. 

I don't eat any Kashi products.

L is for Lunch: What was yours today?

I mostly did a lot of snacking today leading up to dinner. Around lunch time I think I had a nutrigrain bar and some almonds.

M is for Microwave: What is your favorite microwave meal/snack? 

Popcorn! I don't really use the microwave for any other specific microwave food, just to heat up leftovers.

N is for Nutrients: Do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best? 

As stated above, carbs.

O is for Oil: What kind do you like to use?

I almost exclusively use Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

P is for Protein: How do you get yours?

Meat, dairies, nuts, veggies. I'm an equal opportunity protein eater.

Q is for Quaker: How do you like your oats?

Is "in cookies" an acceptable answer to this? Cause if so, that. If not I like them hot and simple, with some milk and raisins.

R is for Roasting: What is your favorite thing to roast? 

Lately I have been roasting carrots quite often. The only downside is how hot the whole house gets! Yikes.

S is for Sandwich: What's your favorite kind? 

There is this sandwich at Magnolia Cafe in Austin called the Flamingo, swiss cheese, avocado and sprouts with mayo and mustard on rye. Most delicious sandwich ever.

T is for Travel: How do you handle eating while traveling?

I don't! I eat like crap when I travel. And usually have tons of snack type food. The man and I ate lots of goldfish, trail mix, granola bars, ramen noodles and spam sandwiches on our drive to GA from AK.

U is for Unique: What are some of the unique foods that you like?

I guess I should just say spam again, ha. I had never tried it before the move. The man likes to take it camping. It's very easy camping/travel food. We got spam "lite" if that makes a difference. Other than that I'll try anything once, but most of my go to meals involve fairly common foods.

V is for Vitamins: What kind do you take?

A prenatal, probiotics, and fish oil.

W is for Wiener Schnitzel: Do you ever recreate this traditional Czech food? 

Never have, and probably never will.

X is for X-RAY: If we x-rayed your belly right now, what food would we see? 

Sushi rolls!

Y is for Youth: What foods remind you of your childhood? 

Potato pancakes are up there. A nice cool Dr. Pepper takes me back as well.

Z is for Zucchini: How do you prepare it?

Sauteed with onions, roasted, or baked into bread!

There you have it. Lots of information you never wanted to know about me!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment