February 17, 2012

.so easy.

Tonight's dinner was quite possibly one of the easiest things ever. It always amazes me when I make something that requires so little effort but then tastes so delicious. In college I avoided cooking meat and fish because I was terrified I would mess it up. Under cook it, over cook it, season it wrong, etc. I wish I had known back then how easy it is to make a superb meal out of very few ingredients.


The ingredients tonight were a steam fresh bag of broccoli, quinoa with diced tomatoes and the show-stealer: Baked salmon with a spicy mustard.

Which is exactly what it sounds like.

Baked Salmon with Spicy Mustard serves 2
2 salmon fillets
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon spicy mustard (I used mustard with horseradish in it)
Salt

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Place the salmon on a baking dish or sheet, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and olive oil. Add the mustard and spread evenly on top of the fillet. You can use more or less mustard, depending on your taste.

Cook for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked all the way through, and enjoy an awesome piece of fish.

XO

3 comments:

  1. sending it to Dan......Salmon is very healthy/Auntie B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me "hook line and sinker" with this one! I told you just the other day about my recent love of all things fishy! My kids have been digging the spicy lately too. Gonna try it out this week...possibly tonight if I can get my hands on some quality salmon!!!

    ReplyDelete