November 10, 2011

.more falliciousness.

As much as I love the ripe and succulent berries that summer brings, fall is truly my favorite time of year. I love the weather, the clothes, the impending holidays. And of course the food! Whether it's seasonal squash or just warm, hearty soups, cooking during the fall months is my favorite time to cook.

When I saw Oh She Glows' post on mushroom millet soup I knew it was perfect for a cool November evening. I followed her recipe, found here, with the exception of using quinoa rather than millet. I also added some crumbled goat cheese just before eating. The man added hot sauce to his. And we added some cheesy garlic toast.


As a mushroom lover I was very excited to try to recipe, and it was pretty tasty, but my soup didn't thicken up quite the way I thought it would. I'm not sure what exactly I did wrong. Too much liquid perhaps? Next time I make it I will try more mushrooms and less liquid. Also, Angela over at OSG is a vegan but I have to say, I think the soup would also be very good with some shredded chicken added in at the end.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment