November 8, 2012

.baby's first shadowbox.

For today's edition of nap time crafting, I bring to you the shadowbox! The idea came from, of course, Pinterest. I saw, and pinned, two great inspirations. This one, from a frame shop. And this one, from The Mama Dramalogues.

I kept all of the little momentos from the hospital and have had them stored away in a little box just waiting for this project. I used those, her going home dress, and a photo from her first night (I order my photos from Snapfish and love them!). Everything else I got from JoAnn's. I used 3 pieces of scrapbook paper and some scrapbook embellishments, the paper flowers and glitter buttons.


I have to say, I am extremely happy with how this turned out! The great thing about this project is that it is 100% customizable. You can put whatever keepsakes you want in it, whatever pictures, cute little decorations, etc. This is going to look awesome in her nursery!

Also, just a reminder, if you do this project and have a blog you put it on, make sure to blur out any information you don't want the whole world to see on the hospital bracelets and things.

XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment