March 26, 2012

.roasted chickpeas.

Way back when the man and I were only friends he was deployed to Afghanistan and the very first thing I ever sent him was a card that said, "Hey Garbanzo, how you bean?"

When I found this card I laughed, literally guffawed, in Carrs. Luckily, Alaskans, by nature, are a fairly odd bunch so no one even looked at me. I thought it was the perfect card to send him, as surely he would find it just as hilarious. Much to my dismay he didn't even know what a garbanzo bean was, so the joke fell a bit flat. Wha wha. 

Now, however, I am pleased to say that he is a garbanzo bean, also known as chickpeas, aficionado. He enjoys them with me as salad toppers, as hummus makers, and most recently, as a crunchy little snacky snack. 

Roasted Chickpeas serves 2
1-16 ounce can of chickpeas
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Spread them out on a baking sheet lined with a paper towel, dry thoroughly. Throw the paper towel away, then add the olive oil to the chickpeas. Sprinkle with salt and any other seasoning you want, I also put some dill on them, then toss to coat. 

Bake for 35-45 minutes until brown and crunchy. Inhale. 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment