December 1, 2010

.tasty nuts.

Ohhh yeah. So I'm a big fan of Angela over at Oh She Glows. I'm also a big fan of mixed nuts. So when I saw her recipe for Twice Baked Bar Nuts that she made for her Canadian Thanksgiving I thought they would be great for an American Thanksgiving snack as well.

I only used walnuts and almonds but you can pretty much use any kind of nuts you want. I was also fortunate to have a fresh rosemary plant on my back deck, courtesy of my mother-in-law! That one is faring much better than the basil, haha. I also switched out Angela's cayenne pepper for chili powder because that's what I had.

This recipe is super, insanely easy and I recommend you give it a try. Perhaps for Christmas?

Twice Baked Bar Nuts serves many
3 cups of nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, peanuts, any will do)
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
Pinch of chili powder
1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1.5 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 10-12 minutes in the heated oven. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. While the nuts are cooling combine mix all of the ingredients, except for 1 tablespoon of the butter. Dump the nuts into a separate bowl and combine with the 1 tablespoon of butter. I did not have to melt the butter that I put on the nuts but I did melt the butter I combined with the other ingredients. After all of the nuts are coated with the butter, pour the other ingredients into the bowl and mix to combine. Pour the nuts back onto the baking sheet and toast for another 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.

These nuts were so freaking good. They had the sugar and the salt combination but the rosemary really took them over the edge. I can't wait to make them again, and I'm sure my family won't mind either.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment