October 15, 2012

.bacon.

The trainer I was working out with in Georgia told me once "A day without bacon is like a day without sunshine." I agree, but do try to limit our bacon consumption to a little less than once per day. For the last few weeks though, when we wanted a bacon fix this has been my go to side dish, with a few changes depending on what veggies we had in the house. Bacon pretty much goes with every single vegetable I can think of so, go crazy!


Bacon and Brussels Sprouts serves 2
10-15 large Brussels sprouts
3 slices of bacon
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
1 avocado, cubed 

In a non-stick skillet fry up the bacon. While that's cooking peel the outer leaves off the Brussels sprouts and then cut each sprout into fourths. Chop the tomatoes and avocado. 

After the bacon is done remove it from the pan and place it to the side. Now you can leave all or some of the bacon grease in the pan, or take all of it out and replace with a cooking spray or olive oil. It's up to you, we use a portion of the bacon grease. Put the Brussels sprouts and tomatoes in the pan with the grease, stirring occasionally. 

Once the Brussels sprouts are cooked through, roughly 7-8 minutes, place the veggies in a serving platter, mix in the avocado and bacon and serve! 


We have also done this with broccoli and it is equally as delicious. 

XO

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm..I love brussel sprouts with bacon! I have never tried it with avocado though. This looks so darn good!!!!! WHY OH WHY..did you post this AFTER I got home from the store!

    ReplyDelete