June 7, 2011

.step 1 to delicious.

Howdy folks! After my last slight baking failure I was hell bent on redemption. I still had some peach and I needed to make something completely awesome with them (I also just ate a few by themselves... because they are delicious like that as well, obviously). Based on what I had in my cupboards I made my plan, and the first step to this plan was granola.




Yes, I could have gone out and bought some at the store, like normal people, but where's the fun in that? Instead I decided to make my own and found an incredible recipe over at Oh She Glows. I used Mrs. Angela's Favourite Homemade Granola recipe, with some substitutions of my own using what I had. And yes, you have to spell it with a "u," cause that's how they do it in Canada (love it!).

The ingredients I used are as follows:
2 1/2 cups oats
1 cup raw almonds, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup raisins
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons apple sauce, unsweetened
1 tablespoon organic honey
2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar

Whew! That's quite a list, eh? So, I had quite a few of the ingredients Angela used but not exactly all of them, and the granola still turned out awesome. With my ingredients I still followed her recipe exactly and it was super easy. Well, almost exactly. I accidentally got a little over-excited and added the raisins before baking, but it still turned out great. And, if any of you have ever eaten a Be Kind bar that is pretty much exactly what this granola smells like while baking. Yum!

She recommends eating this granola straight from the pan (just kidding, it will burn!) or with milk. I think it would also be great over fresh fruit and with yogurt. I'm going to do something a little bit crazier with it, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what!

Mwahaha, do you like the cliffhanger?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment